How to Dress
Preparing for the conditions is important, but sometimes mother nature throws curve balls. Its important to layer appropriately. During the summer months, people generally wear a synthetic T-Shirt with Synthetic Shorts. In addition, people generally bring an extra synthetic layer for that “just in case” situation. Programs in the Spring or Fall should wear a long sleeve synthetic T shirts, and synthetic pants or long underwear and shorts. Longer programs that will be off site from the shop generally require more extra layers. Participants should mind the weather, and pack accordingly. The shop has splash pants and tops for use, in addition to dry bags for extra layers.
What to Bring:
• Filled water bottle or hydration pack
• Lunch for full day programs, snack for half day programs
• Amphibious shoes – warmth, comfort, and protection is essential. Neoprene booties, aqua socks, or rugged water sandals work best.
• Synthetic layers
• Sunglass w/retaining strap. If you wear prescription glasses you should have a retaining strap on them.
• Waterproof sunscreen
• Towel and change of dry clothes
For the Fall or Spring:
• Thermal underwear top – light weight or mid weight layer of thermax, capilene or polypro – avoid cotton.
• Windproof /waterproof jacket – This outer layer protects you from the elements, good wrist closures will help keep rain and splashes out.
Please feel free to call us with any questions you may have regarding your personal equipment. (508) 636-0300
489 Old County Rd. Westport, MA 02790
Phone Number: (508) 636-0300
April & May – Wednesday – Sunday 9am to 5pm
June – Labor Day- Every Day 9am to 5pm
September – Tuesday – Sunday 9am to 5pm
October – Wednesday – Sunday 9am to 5pm
November & December – Thursday to Saturday 10am to 5pm
Email Address: email@example.com